Thursday, February 17, 2005

Woops!

I forgot that I actually read four books on my trip down to New Orleans. The fourth book which was quite good, if a little pedantic at times, is Foreign Affairs by Alison Lurie. I enjoyed it, as a book about research grants that take you away from your home; and it reminds me of the many problems I had when I moved to another city for work. It certainly develops the characters, almost to the point where you wish you knew more about them (i.e. what happens after the book...). I do wish that the novel ended on a happier note but I am still willing to recommend it with the current ending. I will lend my copy to anyone who requests it. Of course, there is one caveat, if you borrow it you must tell me what you thought of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home